Sunday, July 10, 2005

Seeing it with your own eyes is not the same as watching it on photos or on TV




This weekend, my dad and I went on our annual summer trip to one of the country's famous mountains. My dad had walked there several decades ago, as for me, it was the first time. Taking the boat out to our starting-point with 98 other hikers, I already knew it would be a spectacular trip. Nature sure was at its most beautiful. The sun was shining, the flowers in the lowland were putting colour to an already fascinating landscape. As we kept walking uphill, the track slowly turned from dry mud to stones. The higher up we got, the vegetation got less and eventually there was nothing to be seen but rocks, sand and snow. The mountain had a desert-like look to it. With every step we took, the view got more and more amazing. High mountains covered with snow in every direction. Our mountain had little, but we were doing our best sliding down on the snow still present (while giggling). At one point, the mountain was so steep we had to use both arms and legs to climb up. I rewarded myself with chocolate along the trail, something I think is essential on every trip to the mountains. We walked 17 km before we were done. Having finished our traditional trip, we were both satisfied. Many photos had been taken, but better still, we will keep nice memories of all the natural beauty we have been so privileged to see with our own eyes.

1 comment:

Luhnan said...

Sounds like a lot of Kodak-moments:) Going hiking tomorrow I think. Ringer imorgen, har noe artig å fortelle;P Noe du vil like tror jeg...