Thursday, September 08, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory




This is without a doubt the best film I've seen in quite a while. Even the synchronised voices in Spanish sounded good! The film brought back so many nice memories. When I was a child, my mother read the book loud for me. I can still remember the taste I imagined the Willy Wonka chocolate to have. So sweet.... And how unfair it felt that those spoiled kids got the invitations to the chocolate factory, when all I wanted was for Charlie to get one. He did absolutely deserve one. Roald Dahl has always been one of my favourite authors due to his incredibly rich fantasy and his rare ability to tell a spellbinding story. This film did not spoil my good memories of the book, which to me is a compliment to the moviemakers.

No comments: