Sunday, December 17, 2006

Childish excitement



When I woke up this morning at 8 o'clock, I noticed something I haven't seen in ever so long. Snow falling. Snow falling silently. Snow covering everything outside my window. Watching it made me feel energized, so energized that I couldn't go back to sleep. For the first time this year I've felt some kind of Christmas sensation. The idea of Christmas for people up here north will in most cases be closely related to snow. I must have spent at least one hour watching the snow falling. When the sun rose, it was still snowing. Then I started baking cookies. Oatmeal cookies and ginger cookies. Maybe you can imagine how nice that made my kitchen smell? I put on Christmas carols on the stereo and tuned into Christmas mode.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we had snow here.
Does Christmas mode include more mulled wine?

Willow said...

Our snow have now sadly rained away.... I guess we'll be looking at a Christmas that will be anything but white.... Oh well. Christmas mode might include more mulled wine, but it's not as important as snow :-)

Anonymous said...

I too love snow--I posted two pics of my birdbath--one just before snow, one after our first snowfall last week. you might like them, they are under the post called DREAMS.


love your blog btw.