Saturday, November 25, 2006

Crushing prejudices




Up until last Thursday, I wouldn't in my wildest dreams have thought I'd ever go to the opera. For as long as I can remember, my perception of opera have been the idea of something incredibly boring, some fat lady screaming so loud that her horrible caws would break every breakable glass in a miles radius, with words I would be completely unable to decipher.

Then Thursday happened. A childhood friend of mine and I had bought discount tickets to Mozart's La clemenza di Tito. Being on my way to become a promoter of culture (high culture, low culture and everything-in-between culture), I thought I'd give opera a go. It must be added that I suspected I would not enjoy it.

But I did enjoy it! In fact I loved it! And the following day I bought 4 hours of opera "favourites" in the music store, that I have been listening to ever since.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your title is right. All you need is an idea of the story and the rest is magic.