Saturday, December 03, 2005

Sensing India




When I go with Kim and the Tibetan holy lama on the te-rain to Benares, I can almost hear India. When Kim changes his Sahib schoolboy clothes for the attire of a low-caste Hindi boy, I can almost see India. When he licks his finger after having consumed a greasy mutton with cabbage accompanied by rice with a scent of cardamom, I can almost taste India. When Kim has run away from the infantry and is enjoying his freedom on the road, I can almost feel India.

Reading a good book is a wonderful thing, and the reality-escape is even better. Does your book take you to far away places where you forget everything about time and space?

1 comment:

Risa said...

Hmmm... Opptatt med Halvorsen, Knut/Å forske på samfunnet. Den tar meg nærmere paradigmer og univariat analyse, men hjelper det meg på mandag?... Hvem vet...