Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My literary sanctuary



I’ve found my literary sanctuary on an uninhabited island. I have a small house there, with one room for kitchen, bedroom and study. Of course I have all my books there as well. The house is made of bamboo and palm leaves, so it would not be easy to spot it if you didn’t know it was there. Ones a week, a boat comes out with supplies, but for the rest of the time I’m alone. Well, almost alone. I wake up in the morning, remembering my dreams. Then I get up, have a quick breakfast with tea and go to work. I can spend hours and hours at my desk, thinking up stories, thinking up a better world. My world. Around noon, I usually run out of ideas, so I take a stroll round the island to smell the warm, tropical air, gaze at the green, fertile vegetation and have a chat with the parrot or the ocelot. They always fill me in on the most recent happenings, and who has been quarrelling with whom. There is a lake in the heart of the island, with a waterfall. I love throwing myself into the clear, blue water when the heath gets a bit too much. And after a swim, I’m on my way to the most secret place I know of – the cave behind the waterfall. Crawling into it, I find Tito meditating. We share our thoughts and experience magical moments as we always do. Going back to the house, I’m full of new inspiration and motivation to continue my work.

4 comments:

Risa said...

Where do you work?

Willow said...

in my study, at my desk.

Anonymous said...

Ok, Va bene, esta bien??? vamos a una isla asi mi querida Willow, yo preparo el desayuno y te lo llevo a tu cuarto, que dices???? cuando nos vamos a una isla asi????


XOX

Tito

Willow said...

Eres el mejor novio del mundo, Tito. Te amo mucho. Vamos a la isla. Solitos, pero juntos.